The submissions window for issue 94 of Oxford Poetry is open between 01 October – 01 December 2021.
We welcome submissions of poems, lyrical essays, and articles with a literary focus. We publish work by emerging as well as established writers, and all submissions are read by the editors. Our issues are not themed beyond focusing on poetry – we welcome work on any subject. We cannot offer individual feedback, but we do aim to respond to submissions within three months. If you are interested in writing a review, please get in touch by email instead. If you are a low-income writer and would like to request free entry, please email us at editors(at)oxfordpoetry.com.
- We will consider a maximum of 3 poems per submission. Send all poems together in a single document.
- We prefer to receive submissions as PDFs.
- An ideal length for articles and essays is around 2000–3000 words, but there is some flexibility.
- Work submitted must be unpublished. Simultaneous submissions are fine but please let us know as soon as your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Include a short biographical note in your cover letter in the space provided. Do not attach an additional cover letter.